Instagram Instagram Twitter Goodreads Pinterest LinkedIn
"It is bad to let go of your dreams."
(Flowers for Algernon)

Sunday, March 11, 2018

Sack of useful tips #3


Do you like having small tissues always close by for quick cleanings to do like I do? I am actually in love with those wet tissues. I have always hygenic ones with me in the bag wherever I go. I might be a bit phobic regarding the cleaniness of my hands especially when dealing with older things or touching public things or at least once or twice a month I clean my mouse and typing board. Basic cleanings. So yes those wet tissues or antibacterial spray are my saviors. But what about having your house clean, or your room? And what if you are a bit lazy like I am and need to be done quickly before visits come or when I spot a dirty thing on my shelf or window shelf. And what if the vet tissues become dry one day? This is what happened to me before and I looked online for something to solve that and after some browsing I came uppon this good solution that I will share with you. 

"Wet tissues for house cleaning" is the tip I will present today and how to make them on your own. 

First what you need is a box for tissues. I got mine when I bought wet tissues and I keep using it because it is very nice and taking out tissues is very practical. Its only bad side is that it doesn't close enough so eventually the tissues might get dry but since I use this tip, they didn't dry up yet. Also the box should be made of plastic or other material that doesn't absorb water, so paperish products are a big no.

Secondly you need tissues. For this it can be either vet tissues that dried up already or simply use paper towels that are sold for the kitchen usage. Pay attention that the tissues have good texture so once they are wet they won't tear too easily or simply fall apart. Put a big sack of those tissues in that empty plastic box. Press them well together.

Next you will need to make a mixture up to your taste which will be then poured over your tissues. For me I use a small 2dl cup and make a bit less than full of mixture. In the cup I give this mixture: 
- 1/2 of water, 
- 1/4 of clear vinegar, usually the strong one that we use for making pickled food
- 1 small spoon of dishwashing gel or handwashing gel

I mix these ingrediants well together. You can also add essential oil if you wish so. I love the smell of vinegar so I don't add anything. Or if you don't need the mixture to have so much vinegar in it, you can choose to add it less and replace that amount with water. Once the mixture is mixed well I pour it over the tissues and let it stand a day or so before I start using it. 

For what can you use such wet tissues? Almost everything, almost every surface. I use it mainly for shelves, wardrobes, window shelf which gets pretty dirty due to spilled water or earth from the flower pots. So wood or plastic are both okay, metal as well. I also use it on mirrors, glass surface or picture frames, makes the spots go away very nicely. With these I also use dry towels so that it dries and shines brightly. Because of vinegar these tissues are perfect for cleaning oily stained surfaces in kitchen. The vinegar will help removing it. But for kitchen is great to put that mixture in empty spray bottle and just spray it over oily surfaces and then scrub and wipe it away. Very sparkly indeed. 

What I don't use it on are screens. I don't dare to clean tv or laptop with it. For such I rather use the antibacterial ones I bought. Just to be sure. So if you ask me I wouldn't advise to use on them. 

Also if you do use such tissues, do make sure to use gloves if your hands are sensitive to strong vinegar or just for protection. If you are like me who finds gloves a bother then when you are done cleaning, make sure to wash your hands well, don't let it come in contact with your eye, it will burn a lot. When done washing also use handcream to moisten your skin. Warning: if you have cuts on your hands or other injuries I don't advise to use it without gloves. 

For the finish, I must say that these tissues now make the cleaning more fun for me. I see dust and simply swipe it away with it or since I am lazy person and when we expect visits I simply grab a few of them and clean basic surfaces. To make sure, I am not dirty person or likes dirt, am only lazy to clean but I love my own success when all sparkles and is clean and healthy.

Anny

No comments:

Post a Comment