Instagram Instagram Twitter Goodreads Pinterest LinkedIn
"It is bad to let go of your dreams."
(Flowers for Algernon)

Monday, January 2, 2017

Making simple bead earrings


Have you ever tried to make simple earrings? Or at least thought about it? I did start this idea two years ago. Why I make them? It is because I can make them up to my tastes. True, there are many, really many, different ones in stores. It is a completely different feeling when I wear something I made on my own. It is also special if you give them as a gift, it isn't much, but I didn't buy it in a store either. I consider it special. You could see part of my earrings collection at the post over here.

Back to the topic of making the earrings. Here I will show and explain to you how simple it is and you don't need many things to make them. Maybe someone will try making them as well.

Supplies you will need: 
- earring hooks
- earring head pins or eye pins
- beads
- pliers
- forceps 

Step 1
First step is your imagination. Think what kind of earrings you wish to have. Will they be long, short, big beads or small beads etc. Look through your beads supplies or buy new ones. Ebay is very full of supplies or visit craft stores. Decide also on pins, as you can see, there is a difference between head pins and eye pins. I use head ones when bottom of my earring has smaller bead and the head fits nicely to the hole. Eye pins I use when bottom has bigger bead or when I find it nice that bottom of the earring shines a little (might be just me). Here I used eye pins as you can see. 

Step 2
Arrange all your supplies you decided on using. And let's get started.
I take the eye pin and place the beads on it in the order that I imagined in step 1.

Step 3
Bend the top of the eye pin in 90 degrees right on top of your last bead. Like on the picture below. It bends easy so you can do it with your hand.

Step 4
You need to cut off extra wire. How much? Leave around 0,5 cm and cut the rest off.

Step 5
Take pliers (round) and pinch at the tip of the wire like shown on the picture below. Then bend the wire back towards the beads, creating an eye. Don't bend it fully, you don't need to close it yet.

Step 6
Attach earring hook through the new eye then fully close it so the hook won't be able to go out again.

That is all! Easy right? I hope it was useful.

-Anny-

No comments:

Post a Comment