Instagram Instagram Twitter Goodreads Pinterest LinkedIn
"It is bad to let go of your dreams."
(Flowers for Algernon)

Friday, December 23, 2016

Festive Ljubljana

It is time. Christmas is approaching! I admit this year it doesn't feel really festive but when I walked through the old part of capital Ljubljana, I could feel it. The happy feeling, the warmth, so many people, stalls with sweets and goods, smell of caramel and cinamon in the air and all isn't perfect without the sight of Ljubljanica flowing by and lights that enlighten the night sky. 

My description and pictures can't show it unless you are there, sitting at a cafe, sipping warm tea or mulled wine, looking around and capture the images around you. I show only a few pictures I took. They might not be good enough, I'm still trying various options about night pictures. Can you please overlook this a little?

Only imagine being there when lights reflect from the water. When the market and main square is filled with holiday spirits. When comets fall from the sky. When a small park is decorated by red lanterns and Ljubljana castle shining in blue light up there on the hill. Wonderful!
 I wish you could feel a small puzzle of how it is to walk through my capital. If it wasn't enough, then visit and feel it the way we do. You still have time. 

Challenge for me: night walk up to the castle and take a picture of the lights over the capital from up there!

-Anny-

No comments:

Post a Comment