Instagram Instagram Twitter Goodreads Pinterest LinkedIn
"It is bad to let go of your dreams."
(Flowers for Algernon)

Friday, December 30, 2016

Gyoza (recepy)

Firstly, let me clarify. Gyoza isn't Slovene dish, it is Japanese. I am sharing this here because I'll show how I'm making these dumplings. There are many other recepies online, check them out if you wish or stay here and read mine. 

Actually I learned from somewhere as well, I didn't know how to make it before either. I helped myself with youtube account: Cooking with dog. Here is gyoza recepy. 

Now let's move on how I make it. 

Supplies (for around 3 people)
Filling: 
- 200g mixed minced meat (pork and beef)
- cabbage
- leek
- garlic leaves
- garlic clove/s
- pepper
- chilli pouder 
- bit of salt 
- spoon of oil 
- black soy sauce

Wraps: 
- 8 full spoons of wheat flour
- water

Step 1 - The filling
I make the filling in 1:1 ratio of vegetables and minced meat. I use around 200g or each. 
Vegetables are cut in small pieces. 
Step 2
Add meat to vegetables and add the seasonings. Mix well and let it rest. 
Step 3 - Wrappings
I think some stores sell already made ones but I always make it myself. I mix the flour with water to make dough. How much of water? That is tough to say, it comes with time. I never measure it. What I can say is: add a bit and mix, if it is still dry, add more. You can still add more flour if it becomes too wet. But when you knead it, it shouldn't stick to your fingers, that is perfect. 
 Step 4
Now flatten it into thin layer. Use something round which would be your measurement around which you trace with a knife to get such pretty round wrappings. 

Use flour below them or they will stick to your surface and that would be a bit problematic later. 
Step 5
Take the filling and put some of it to the center of your wrappings. Then trace a bit of water on the edge and close them tightly around. 


Step 6
Now let's bake them. Put some oil into a pan and once the oil is warmer, place the gyoza inside. I advise you to dip them in flour before putting them in (they turn crispier later). Let them fry for half a minute then pour water over them so that they are half covered. Put a lid on and lower the fire. 

Step 7
After a few minutes put the lid away, rise the fire again and let the water evaporate. Do the gyoza stick to the pan? Don't worry, that means they are still soft, bake them for a bit longer until they don't stick anymore and turn a bit brownish on the sides. Perfect.

Step 8
Lastly what you have to do is take them out and serve with a bit of black soy sauce. 
Super yummy. Try them out!

-Anny-

No comments:

Post a Comment